Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Monday with shopping after work

Hi,

The Monday back at work was a busy one.  But I did manage to get away to see Aidan for lunch and catch up with her (well, sort of - I actually spent more time with her colleague).  We ate in the lunchroom at her work and the view was indeed worth visiting to see.

After school Toby came to our work and I finally got away to The Warehouse in Lyall Bay with him.  Toby had to try on a wetsuit so we found two (one shorty one size 12 and one long one size 14) and entered into the changing room cubicle.  From this point, hilarity ensued.  I got the giggles trying to pull the full wetsuit onto Toby.  It just would not go over his feet.  I have no idea what the other customers thought, hearing me dissolve into giggles, punctuated by comments such as "Just keep pulling!" and "How can it be stuck there?".

He's hiding the baggy bit!

Eventually I got it over his feet and although there were baggy bits, the length was good and if I thought he had any hope of getting it on himself, I would have bought that one.  I now also think that Toby has the body of a 12 year old and the feet of a grown man.  No other explanation for a wetsuit that would not go over his feet but otherwise is a good size.  He has his Dad's feet!  Toby now has a shorty wetsuit.

We picked up Mike on the way home and I cooked tea (well, Mike cooked it really) and we ate that and relaxed for the evening.  It was a bit late by the time we ate so the evening flew by.  I went to Toby's room to read to him and fell asleep in Toby's bed.  Oops.  I haven't done that since he was about 4!

Up to ride in this morning.  It is still cold.  Second day of summer?  Hardly.

Have a lovely day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment