Friday, December 19, 2014

The Thursday with a half day of leave

Hi,

At midday I left work and headed to lunch with Roanne and a whole bunch of us (current and previous workmates).  At Bethel Woods.  Again.  Meanwhile Mike took Toby to the dentist.  But it sounds like they were done much faster than I thought and Mike took Toby to sushi.  Toby loved it.  They also popped into Bethel Woods to say hi.

I got back and collected Toby and we drove out to Queensgate and got quite wet walking from a block or so away into the shopping centre.  But we knocked off a few presents before the crowd got to us both and we walked back to the car.  Getting wet again, after having just dried out.

Driving down the motorway home, we almost saw a huge accident.  A wee truck not paying attention to the cars braking in front.  He slammed his brakes on late and locked up his wheels and skidded left and right.  I slowed down (I was in the fast lane) thinking he might veer into our lane.  But fortunately he must have had just enough space to avoid the car in front.  Bet his heart was hammering.

Back home to wrap presents and cook tea.  I popped back into town to collect Mike and we all ate tea.

My ride in this morning was damp.  But I see in the forecast that Christmas Day is supposed to be lovely.  Woot!

Bring that on!

Have a great Friday.  And an even better weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment