Monday, December 22, 2014

The weekend with Christmas almost here

Hi,

Friday night I drove to Aidan and Josh's place to collect Toby.  Ed invited me for dinner - it might have been something to do with me finishing the potato peeling for him.  He couldn't make the peeler work.  After tea I took Toby home and we watched 2012 (the disaster movie about the Earth's core heating up and the crust destabilising and huge tsunamis all over the world) before falling asleep.

Next morning Mike left reasonably early to do some Christmas shopping.  I outsourced my shopping list to him, but he never got anything on it.  But I can't complain because he got things for me!  Hahahah.

Aidan popped in to collect Toby at about 3pm (after her shopping expedition).  Sarah also came around and we caught up with her news too.  Our jug died after making our tea, and in our own shopping expedition after Aidan and Sarah left, I got a new jug!  Ooossshhh!

New jug!

Mike and I went shopping and managed to get most of what we were after.  Yay for us.  And the jug.  When I got home, I was so excited about this new jug.  It's glass, so I can watch it boil!  Great.  Time flies by.

We came home and then headed out to see Mike's mother for a cup of tea and then collected Sally and Andrew and headed to The Tasting Room for dinner.  Yummy dinner.  Chocolate fondant pudding was disappointing though.  Then we went to see The Hobbit.  Great movie.    Seemed a little anti-climatic to me after the first two movies.   But it was good fun!

Made for a late night.  I didn't get to bed until 1am.  Oooooo.  That's tough.

Coffee milkshake!


Oh yeah - it kept going and going
 Up early for brekkie at Mama Brown in Wakefield Street with Aidan, Ed and the boys.  My breakfast was good and the iced coffee from there was superb.  The boys had their own milkshakes too.  After food.  They were filling.  They all had a half each.

The boys all got a milkshake too.

Then off to Sally and Andrew's house to collect plums.  We had lunch from the pie bakery and then headed back home after Aidan finished her archery class and relaxed before heading back for family dinner.

Family dinner was lovely.  Caught up with Iona and Col too.  Nice.  Mike's mother was there too.  A great time chatting away to people.

Back home and I went grocery shopping before collapsing into bed.  Two more days of work.  Come on!

Have a great (short) week.  Toby and I are off to Sunshine Coast on Boxing Day for a week.  I can't wait.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment