Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Monday that went

Hi,

Wow - it was an action-packed Monday in the end.  I managed a lunch with Aidan and caught up with her news.  I made her a bread roll, which I make for others besides Mike and Toby every now and then.  So they all know what they are missing out on.  Hahah!  But I only make them for other people on very special occasions.  I wouldn't want anyone to get complacent with my lunch making skills.  I suspect Mike and Toby might already be dabbling in a bit of lunch complacency.  "Lunch complacency"?  Yep, I've named it and now it is a "thing".

Sally and Andrew have been busy.  They went to Nelson at the weekend, and bought a house!  Woot!  I have seen the photos from the real estate website and it looks lovely.  The offer has been accepted and now they just need a LIM and building report to come through and it's theirs.  It's part of their retirement plans - at this stage.  Obviously things could change, but this is a move in a direction they are considering.

Ooooohhhh.  Nelson.  I love Nelson.  Ever since that summer holiday we had when I was 10 years old.  We stayed in central Nelson, at a motor camp, and we had a caravan rented.  The motor camp doesn't exist anymore.  But my memories remain.  Long, hot summer days.  Beach swimming.  Crystal clear water.  My parents bought me an awesome comic that summer.  A Justice League of America one that was a rollicking adventure.  I had that comic for years.  I still remember Supergirl resuscitating Wonder Woman by using air from a car tyre.  Hahah!  And the song was "Howzat" by Sherbert that was huge that summer.  And dairies sold these bright drinks in the shape of a water pistol.  Oh yeah - Nelson summers!  And we got torches that Christmas.  Mine was beige.  Someone had a blue/green one.

Anyhow, I digress.  House!  Woot!!

Mike and Toby picked me up from work on their way home from an appointment.  We got home and I cooked tea (lasagne) while Mike and Toby worked on homework.  We ate yummy lasagne and chatted away over dinner.  I heard really dubious baby jokes.   Then I tidied up a few things (my old wardrobe downstairs for one) and relaxed in bed reading while Mike did loads of homework.  Apparently his frantic typing was nowhere near enough to keep me awake.

Up today to catch the bus in.  It was an uneventful bus ride.  Hahah.  Can't wait to ride my bike home though.

Right.  Let me sort out the day ahead.

Have a lovely day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment