Friday, September 11, 2015

The Thursday that had nothing much on

Hi,

I took the car and left work early to collect Toby from school.  We submitted his letter of resignation to Scots for next year.  Toby is off to Wellington High next year and he is looking forward to the change of school with enthusiasm.  Here's hoping a complete change does him the world of good.

We went to his appointment and despite Toby being sleepy from two poor sleeps in a row, he did ok and then we went home to do homework.  He was pleased because a mask he bought from Germany arrived.  I cooked tea (family pie) and he demolished that.

As we ate, the sunset was amazing.  I took loads of photos.


Gorgeous sunset

Roiling clouds over Mt Kaukau

Sun just kissing the top of Mt Kaukau

It started pouring with rain and Mike rang and asked if I would pop into town to collect him.  I did so and I have to say I was almost immediately in bed and pretty tired.  I read my Sky and telescope magazine that had arrived and was asleep within seconds of turning off my light.

As I listened to strong winds and heavy rain, I was debating the merits of getting up for my morning run.  But when I woke at 5am, it was quiet outside.  I got changed and went for my run and had such a good time.  First run in over 3.5 weeks.  No twinges.  All good.  Can't wait for the next one now.

The weekend beckons.  Toby has a bit of homework.  We have a Wellington weekend.  I need to start packing for Nepal and tidy the house so it looks good for when we get back.  I don't want any mess to return to after a long flight.  Yes, it is still two weeks away, but I need to start now.

And yes, I am terribly excited.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment