Friday, September 18, 2015

The Thursday with a quiet evening

Hi,

Thursday was a blur of activity at work.  But I did get a coffee with a work colleague (Sally) during the day after a meeting with a client.  Columbus on Featherston St, under the old ANZ building.  Grant Thornton it is now, or something similar.  It wasn't too bad.  Ice, cream and reasonably strong coffee taste.  But no sweetness.  I added some sugar but it never dissolves in iced coffee so it was bitter until the end when I got granules of sugar.  Mmmmm.




Iced coffee at Columbus


I got the car to take home and was so delayed at work that Mike ended up coming home with me.  Yay for that.  Boo for being delayed.  But it was all good because I had put the slow cooker on in the morning and the delicious smell of beef stew permeated the house as we stepped in.  Mmmmm.  My beef stew is good.  We ate it all up and then chatted away for a while.

Mike and Toby watched more Rick and Morty while I read.  And when I eventually put my book down (I was 60% through and it had finally got riveting - not that the build up was bad, it was just looooonnnngggg!) I was asleep in seconds.

Time to face the day ahead.  Woot!  Maybe with a nice cup of tea.  Last weekend before we leave for Nepal.  Awfully excited now.  We need to pack.  I need to finish cleaning the fish tank.  It's all going to happen!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment