Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Monday with a chaotic evening

Hi,

Happy birthday to Jamie today!  Woot!  He's as old as our marriage, so I always know how old Jamie is!  In fact, it is birthday week for nieces and nephews.  Cam tomorrow and wee Abby (or, not so wee anymore) on Saturday.  Wow!  Hope they have a fabulous day.

Monday went by pretty fast, I have to say.  I got lunch with Carl!  He was over for a wedding and let me know that he had a day in Wellington and could we have lunch.  Sure could!  He is looking good.  Melbourne obviously suits him very well.  A bunch of us from work wandered up to The Pub and had lunch.  I got awesome hugs from him and more complaints that I haven't visited him yet.  I need a long weekend to Melbourne planned.

It was a day off school for the boys - two days off actually.  And Aidan had kindly volunteered to have Toby over while she worked from home, looking after her boys.  Thanks Aidan!

I left work almost on time - which is unheard of really.  Jumped on my bike and rode home.  I texted Aidan to be sure I had time to get changed.  Otherwise she'd see me at her house in my bike shorts.  Probably not the best attire for visiting in the evenings.  But she had to head off with Tom to collect Christine, and I was unsure how much time I had before she had to leave.  Timing is everything, don't you know?

Anyhow, I got to her place, already changed into jeans, and got instructions on cooking the boys' tea and even how to get them to Scouts should she be delayed.  Which, I kind of thought she would.  Peak hour traffic.  You might laugh, living in Sydney, at Wellington's peak hour traffic.  But it does delay the normal fast flowing journey through town.  Honest!

I intended to save a sausage for Aidan, but it turns out that Toby loved these sausages.  So all three boys ate two sausages.  Oops.  Poor Aidan.  She'd made salad and I ate that and was pretty happy.  I dropped the boys at Scouts and got back.  Still no Aidan.  Traffic must be diabolical!

Eventually she got home and I had a cup of tea while she made herself a yummy dinner of quesadillas.  We chatted away for a while before the hectic day caught up with her.  I grabbed Toby and drove back home.  Mike had eaten us out of bread at home, after his Indian takeaway leftovers.  Hahah.  But we tidied up the spare room.  It is now completely usable again.  You can get to the bed!  You can swing a very short cat, if you have short arms.  I luxed.  It is no longer completely toxic to Mike.  He couldn't stay in there with his allergies.  We'd created so much dust with all our tidying.  Tonight I need to lux - again.  To get everything.  And then finish putting some things away.  Make the bed and it is ready.  Mike can use it for studying at night.  He just needs to get into routine.

Then off to bed!  And a good sleep.  Nice. My ride in was fun this morning.  Raining on me, but not too heavily, really.  I was mostly dry when I got to work.

I need a huge cup of tea to start my day.  Have a truly magnificent day!  It's Tuesday!  Yay for Tuesdays!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment