Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Tuesday with chaotic evening activities - but only for Mike

Hi,

I had a crazy busy Tuesday at work - although I think that is the new normal.  Still, it means the day passes fairly quickly as a rule.

I rode home and jumped in the car and collected Toby from the library.  He was tuckered out after a long day at school.  I know the feeling, Toby!  I cooked dinner for the two of us.  Chicken salad.  Mmmm.  I ate so much,  Does it count if it is mostly vegetables?

Then Toby and I played a game together.  It was a Pro Cycle Manager game where you buy pro cyclists, train them for events then race!  It was awesome!  Tour de France - here we come!  Toby knew I would like it.  And he says Uncle Andrew would like it too!  We might have to show him, once we figure it out ourselves!  We have another date tonight to play and Toby has given me links to YouTube videos explaining how it works.

Mike was late home.  In fact, he thought he might not be home at all and asked me to pack an overnight bag.  Big work changes needed.  He also had his presentation to do at the Enterprise Architect user group.  Apparently it went really well.  So well, it ran late with excited people engaged and talking.  I wasn't there, but Mike told me one of the techniques Aidan suggested for increasing engagement in your audience worked like a charm.

He rang after it finished and said he didn't have time to come and collect his overnight bag.  He was off to work.  But it turns out the key person never showed up (some chap in Europe) so he was home at a reasonable hour.  Mind you, he did decide to put the recycling in the rubbish bin and I woke to hear rummaging around outside my bedroom.  Again!  Like the demented hedgehog episode.  But this time I was thinking it was an inept burglar - or my husband.  I decided it was likely Mike.  It was!

This morning I rode in and hooned down the hill, pedalling as fast as I could.  Roads were bone dry.  Loved it!  It is still a wee bit cold.

I want to try and do a long walk this weekend.  Not sure if it will fit in.  I might do one at the very least.

Have a lovely day.  Mike has a catch up with Josh and Andrew planned tonight after work.  Hmmm.  I sense more demented hedgehog episodes in my near future.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment