Monday, August 31, 2015

The weekend in Wellington for all of us

Hi,

Well, that was an unusual Friday night.  We saw the GP with Toby at 4.30pm and she sent us to the Emergency Department of the hospital, just so we could get blood tests for Toby to rule out anything more sinister.

And you know what happens when you attend A&E and it isn't an emergency...  We waited for hours.  Oh well.  We had Kindles and Mike got food for Toby.  So all was not a complete loss.

Toby in A&E


Turns out that Toby's blood tests were perfectly normal.  Yay.  So at midnight we finally got pain relief dispensed and away home we all went.

Saturday was a slow day for us all though.  Hahah!  I took Toby in for a haircut nice and early Saturday morning.  He looks even more gorgeous now.

Iona and Col rang me from Mt Bruce where they were being attacked by marauding kakas, and asked me to the rugby that evening in town.  I juggled a few things and said yes!  Woot!  Been wanting to go to watch rugby with Col for years now!


Mike dropped me off at Maria Luca's - that wonderful Italian place behind the defence building.  I met Iona and Col there and we had dinner.  I even ordered the cappuccino creme brulee dessert there, because it is so good!

Dinner at Maria Luca's

From there we met Brian and Tom at the cake tin and went into the stadium to watch the game! I got pretty wet walking up to the stadium.  Jeans stayed wet all night. But so happy to get in to watch the game.  Col scored 6 free tickets,  Woot!  I reckon there would have been barely 1000 people in the stadium to watch Wellington thrash Northland.  But we had a great time!

I bought Col a hot dog from Fritz's Wieners and it cost me $16.  I think the woman charged me for the man beside me too.  Lucky Col enjoyed it!

Rugby!

Go Wellington!


Mike drove into the dark and rainy night to pick us up.  And a good thing too as it was still pouring down.  We dropped Iona and Col off at their hotel and headed back home.

I stupidly kept reading until 1am.  Groan.  And was up at 5.20am when my internal alarm went off.  Hahah!  More dorky behaviour.

Mike and I started the declutter exercise Mike has been talking about for months.  We started in the spare room.  This is Mike knee-deep in Toby's soft toys from behind his bed.

We start the spare room tidy up exercise


We have a lot of work to do!  That's all I can say.

From there we went to have tea at the Tabor household.  I collected Christine, Tom and Brian from their house and we went to the Tabor house and waited patiently for Mike.  (I at least had the drinks with me, so we were happy.

Aidan set us up around her breakfast bar, and poured drinks as she leaned across it.  We could have been in a pub.  Hahah!  Mike arrived with the food and we proceeded to make a good dint in the mountain of food.  We reckon they closed up for the night after we collected our dinner as they had hit the profit target for the day!

After dinner, we sat around doing the Stuff quiz.  Then Tom sorted us out to play this Werewolf game where werewolves kill innocent villagers and you have to guess who did it.  It was fun, despite my initial misgivings about it when described to us.  I think Aidan enjoyed it - she got to be a werewolf and a witch.  I saw her eyes shining with excitement when I caught a glimpse during the game. She might have enjoyed the stealthy murders she was committing.  I was always a villager.  Actually, pretty sure we all enjoyed it.  The boys were noisy though.  Lots of chatter when you have your eyes shut and all terribly misleading.  Hahah!

We stumbled out at 8.30pm and I dropped everyone home before heading home myself.  I read lots until Mike made me out down my Kindle.  Good thing.  I got loads of sleep as a result.

Right.  Time for the week to kick off.

Have a fantastic week ahead.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment