Monday, August 10, 2015

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a great weekend.  I had a sleepover at Christine's house on Friday night.  She just had surgery on her shoulder so I think I was there as a backup should she take a turn for the worse during the night.  But she was pretty good really.  She has electronic pain relief and a vast array of medication.

We had breakfast Saturday morning before I came home to relieve Mike.  He had an appointment to meet some chap from the tramping club.

I took Toby out to Maranui cafe for lunch and we used a book voucher he got for his birthday and then out to Queensgate to get Magnus a present and then back home to get ready for Magnus' birthday.  Mike got home and dropped Toby off.

Mike made mousse for dinner and the mousse became known as "the f#$@&ing mousse" because Mike couldn't find anything in the kitchen.  But, for a mousse that provoked such unbridled outrage in Mike, it was pretty yummy.

We drove out to see Sally and Andrew and had the best dinner!  Entrees and everything.  Wow.  Caught up with their news.

After that, it was time for a drink with Meet Up people at the Old Bailey.  Unfortunately the rugby started just as we were leaving so Mike and I stayed until midnight to watch it.  Great game.  Shame we lost.

Sunday I pulled the plug on the ski trip.  The snow was fantastic, but the roads up were treacherous.  It might still have been the best call.

But I dropped a latte off at Christine's place and then went swimming with Aidan and her boys.  At least I got something energetic done.  Made me much happier.

Back home and then grocery shopping before boring ironing and making dinner.

I ironed in front of the computer.  I'd say in front  of the television, but the computer took so long to boot up, I was nearly done ironing my mountain by the time it came right.  Actually, it didn't come right.  I switched to Free to Air and watched absolute rubbish.




How many updates is it doing?  8829?

Right.  Today is busy.  Sally is looking after Toby in the evening and Mike and Toby have a dental appointment and I have parent teacher interviews. Then Mike is joining me for the later interviews.

I'll need a holiday.

Have a wonderful week,

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment