Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Monday with parent teacher interviews

Hi,

Oh - complicated logistics!  I live for them!  Not.  But it all seemed to go like clockwork.  Toby got off the bus in town and came to work.  He started homework by my desk and then I left and drove to Scots for the interviews.

I had a few hours of them lined up.  You get 5 minutes with each teacher on a strict timed routine.  I saw the majority of them before Mike got there.  He had a dental appointment, followed by Toby.  And Sally collected Toby from the dentist and took him out for tea.

All rather complicated.  But, as I say, it worked well.  During a break in the interviews, Mike and I also went out for tea.  Mike found a great pub with nice food and I had a terrific steak.  Mmmmm.

Back to finish the interviews and home.  I was in the wee green car and Mike was in the silver bullet.  We raced each other through the suburbs back to the motorway before he continued to Lower Hutt to collect Toby from Sally's place.

So, reasonably successful.  Also raided Toby's locker and cleared out rubbish.  Found an old sock.  That sort of thing.

Right.  Time to kick start the day.  I did meet Aidan off her late bus this morning.  That was a pleasant surprise.  I think it was the first time since March I met her off her bus.  She usually drives in these days.  But she chose one of the coldest mornings of the year to catch the bus in.

Have a wonderful day.  It's wet here.  And so cold.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment