Friday, August 14, 2015

The Thursday with nothing on

Hi,

Wow - nothing planned.  What a relief.  I rode home and enjoyed that after a rather harrowing day.  Mind you, I did spark it up with a coffee date with Ilske.

Iced coffee happiness

And I have to say, Aidan certainly cheered me up with an email that made me consider things from a slightly different perspective.  Guess that's really what friends are for and it made me very appreciative of her friendship.


When I got home, I started tea for Mike and Toby and when Mike got home, I hopped in the car and drove back into town.  Christine had an appointment on The Terrace and I collected her when it was done at 1830.

We drove to her place and I had a cup of tea and two Tim Tams.  That was the chocolate component of my day that Aidan had said I was missing all along.  Mind you, I think iced coffee might be my chocolate equivalent.

Christine is looking much better a week after her surgery.  Yay.

Back home and I noticed the wee spider on the toilet again.  It's been there for a whole day now.  So I took a photo for the Australian contingent.  It's not a redback on our toilet, but it is a cute wee hunting spider nevertheless.

Spider on our toilet


Went to bed and read for a bit before falling asleep with my book in my hands.  My boys sorted me out.

This morning is overcast and still.  It's lovely out there.  My ride in was really nice.  Dry roads and fun.

The weekend is set to rock my socks off!  Saturday morning I'll go for a run.  My calf is a wee bit sore from my run on Tuesday.  This morning's run was slow but it wasn't too bad.  Hoping tomorrow it will be super ok.  And then I am aiming for a 10km run after work on Monday.  From work around the bays to NIWA and back.  Oooooo.

Saturday we're going to Yum Cha with the Tabor family.  Then I am whisking Aidan off to see Train Wreck at the Penthouse in Brooklyn.  I do like that cinema.  Hope it's a good movie.  It has got good reviews.  Saturday night I am looking after the boys (Toby, Emerson and Duncan) while Mike takes Josh and Aidan to Beervana.  Hahahah!   Should be good fun for them (and not too bad for me - I picture reading on the couch, scratching Lulu's ears, while the boys play computer games).

There is a big rugby game on that Mike and I hope to watch.  Aussies taking on the All Blacks at Eden Park.  Huge game.

And, I might be quietly entertaining the idea of a scoot up the Turoa on Sunday for the day.  I'll see how that pans out.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment