Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Wednesday to make you all jealous

Hi,

Work was work.  But I rode home and enjoyed the ease of the ride compared to the galeforce winds the previous time.  My chain popped off at one point though.  A sure sign I need a service on my bike.  Mucky hands after that.  Lucky it happened near a whole bunch of agapanthus.  They are perfect for ruining with greasy muck.

Got home and found Mike there, to my pleasant surprise.  He was working from home.  He had dinner all sorted while I froze on the couch.  Mainly because I was all sweaty after my ride and sitting around in bike shorts with no heater on, in winter.  Sure recipe for being freezing.

But the reason I wasn't cooking was because I was off to have dinner with Ange.  Woot!  She texted when she got home just after 1800 and I left.  Watched her cook lamb meatballs with smashed feta potatoes.  Mmmmm.  She has started subscribing to My Food Bag.  My Food Bag  They just started a subscription for singles.  She gets four meals a week to cook, and one of them (this week, the meatballs one) is big enough for two.  So you can invite someone to share, or eat it two nights running.


Ange is smashing those potatoes

I am prodding those meatballs

And the finished meal was scrumptious

And this is why you are jealous.  It was so good.  We sat down to watch television and one of her favourite programmes was on, with the grand final.  My Kitchen Rules.  Little did I know when it started at 1930 that it lasted for 2 hours. I was pretty tired by the end.

Back home and into bed.  But a book caught my attention and Mike was working in bed, so I never went to sleep until 2300.

Made for a hard morning this morning.  My alarm went off for my run at 5am, but next thing I knew it was 5.25,  So, the run was deferred until tomorrow.

My ride into work was fun though.  I got soaked.  Soaked enough to wring my socks out in the shower at work.  That hasn't happened for a while.  Mind you, I have been even more wet than that before.

Right.  Time to kickstart the day.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment