Friday, August 7, 2015

The Thursday with not much

Hi,

The Thursday that went pretty fast.  I was equally astonished it was already Thursday, and perplexed as to why it wasn't already Friday.  The brain is indeed an odd thing.

Gasoline iced coffee
The highlight must have been catching up with Ilske.  I hadn't seen her for a while since she changed jobs.  So inconvenient for her to move further away from my building.  We found a coffee shop halfway between us that does a good iced coffee.  It was so cold yesterday that the barista was saying "Are you mad?  Iced coffee on a day like this?".  I had no comeback.  What can I say?

Ilske is good.  I caught up with her recent news.  She is off skiing soon and I should see her in the last weekend of August for more skiing fun.

I also had lunch unexpectedly with Celia at Bethel Woods.  That was a bonus!

I got held up at work and was late getting home.  Toby and I did homework for a while.  It was good fun.  I cooked him tea and I went to bed to read and wait for Mike to return from his work social gourmet night.

All in all, not too shabby a day.

Friday beckons.  I am sleeping over at Christine's house as she had surgery on her shoulder yesterday.  Hopefully she should be home today and we can chill out tonight.  Fingers crossed it has all gone well.

Weekend looks fun.  Toby has a last minute birthday party/sleepover Saturday.  We will catch up with Sally and Andrew (who are they, again?) Saturday evening.  And possibly I will ski at Turoa Sunday.  But the forecast is for snow that day.  Not too sure it is worth a day trip.

Right.  Time for tea and work.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment