Monday, August 24, 2015

The weekend with a great Sunday!

Hi,


Mike headed off to Ruapehu Friday night in the Corolla and sang loudly all the way and made great time.  But he did get another migraine just as he arrived.  Poor Mike.

I did have an iced coffee on Friday morning though with Ilske.  Gasoline, again.  And it was a good one.  High on the number rating.  A nine, I reckon.
Iced coffee with Ilske


Next morning was gorgeous and I sat on the deck in the sun with my cup of tea, in my pyjamas!  What winter?  Meanwhile Mike was skiing on superb snow only 4.5 hours away.


Tea on the deck in my pjs


Toby and I had a picnic on the deck as he was still too sick to do the walk I wanted to do with him.  Sore tummy - still.
Picnic time with Toby - still too sick to go out for a picnic

I read and did some housework for the rest of the day.  And read.  And read some more.  It was great!

I stupidly decided at 11pm that I needed bread for my breakfast and hauled out the breadmaker and rummaged around for ages for yeast.  Found none.  Came to terms with my grief at the loss of freshly baked bread for breakfast and stumbled back to bed.  Hahah!  What a dork I am!

Next morning I was up far too early considering I had stayed up late reading.  More dorky behaviour.  So unbecoming.  But the good thing about getting up early was getting an invitation to go to Waikanae with Aidan and her boys.  Yay!

Toby and I got ready and Aidan collected us.  We went via Archway books at Pukerua Bay where I found a cool book on the archaeology of the Auckland Islands.  Then off to The Front Room with Sarah and her kids for lunch.  Mmmmm.  Hadn't been there for a while.  Since my solo visit about 6 months ago.


More iced coffee
Toby looking like a rock star (ta Aidan)
Me, basking the the presence of rock stardom - obviously

Off to the beach after that and a good play and wander around (although Toby stayed in the car with his sore tummy).

General beach fun

Hello toes

Not my toes above, I have to say.  I think her toes were getting their first public outing for the winter.  Her toes hibernate.  Lots.


Look at the photo with me and Lulu.  My hair is way shaggier than her fur.  I desperately need a haircut.  The only difference is that Lulu rolled in the sand and I didn't.  Imagine what it would have looked like if I'd rolled around too.  My hair isn't so much framing my face as obscuring it.  Oops.


Me and Lulu.


As we drove home from Waikanae, I was looking at passing cars, as Aidan is entertaining thoughts of a replacement for Moby.  As I did so, a car with our number plate went past us!  Mike!  Aidan hurtled after him, flashing her lights and we drove in convoy for ages, chatting together on our phones.  So funny.  SH1 is such a tiny place, really.

Back home to do loads of ironing.  Groan.  And a bath with Mike.  Happy!

Had a great weekend.  Time with Toby.  Lots of reading.  Some vague attempt at housework.  And Waikanae unexpected fun.  Choice.  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.  Come on next weekend.  Hurry up already!

I had to laugh at Toby during the weekend.  He looked at me and said "Mum, can you make sure you only buy seedless mandarins from now on".  I said I did only buy seedless, that is what the label said.  But I had also found seeds when I ate the mandarins.  You should have seen his horrified face when he realised false advertising exists!  Life lesson, right there!

Have a blast of a week!  Enjoy it lots.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment