Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Wednesday with a presentation at Upper Hutt College

Hi,

Toby and Mike had their appointment in town at 4pm, so they ensured that meant the only dinner option for them was McDonalds.  Hahah.  I texted my other suggestions to them, but it was futile to try and divert them from their chosen meal.

Sunrise this morning
Snowy Tararuas yesterday

After work I rode home and got changed and ready for the career in IT presentations at Upper Hutt College for the evening.  I drove out there, singing to Bruce Springsteen - loudly.  Found the school nice and early and got set up in my classroom.

The first session had standing room only.  Woot!  A surprise was the engineering presenter turning up and presenting alongside me.  We both squashed our 20 minute sessions into 10 minutes.  Fortunately it wasn't too jarring.  My degree and his were actually quite close (although separated by the Tasman Sea and 20 years!) so it was interesting that one led into business IT and one (his) led into electronics and cool stuff.

We had four sessions and by the end of it, I was quite comfortable in front of a load of people.  I do need to remember that I really don't like talking in front of loads of strangers.  Hahah.

Back home to see the boys before bed.  Zzzzzzz.

Today is lovely.  Cold.  But lovely.

Have a marvellous day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment