Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Monday with lunch with Aidan

Hi,

Well, the weather was wild yesterday.  I met Aidan for lunch and we went back to the Vietnamese place across to road but tried something else.  We both enjoyed what we ate.  Mmmm.  I walked back towards Aidan's work before saying goodbye and then bumped into Sally and Andrew.  That was a great surprise.  We haven't seen them for ages.  If we have some time this weekend, we'll try and catch up.

I left work just after 4pm and rode up Molesworth St and nearly scared myself silly.  The wind was so strong.  I guess the only upside was the rain was light, and not falling vertically.  I never seemed to get wet.  Guess it was more like riding inside a blow dryer.  But I told myself if it got any worse I was going to push my bike home.  Weirdly, I told myself that three times on the way home.  But I like to think it didn't get worse.  Each time I contemplated getting off was just as bad as the previous time.  And not worse at all.

Cooked tea when I got home around chatting to the builder that Mike was meeting.  I couldn't tempt him to stay for it - but he missed out on my incredible spaghetti Bolognese.  Off to buy groceries after tea.  We were away at the weekend so we missed crucial things like tidying the house and buying food for the week.

Collapsed into bed not long after coming back and slept the sleep of the dead.

I caught the bus in this morning.  Turns out the gale force winds and rain don't make me super happy about riding in.  And Toby is coming into town after work anyway for an appointment.  So, it made loads of sense.

Right.  Time for tea and to kick start the day!

Have fun!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment