Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Tuesday with a school interview for Toby

Hi,

Well, I definitely enjoyed my lunch break.  I caught up with Aidan and we ate lunch in the cafe in her building.  I only got rained on a little between my workplace and hers.  Well worth the effort.  Aidan was relaxed and although our topics of conversation mainly escape me, the time fairly flew by.  Actually, I recall she gave me the benefit of her many presentations and skills she has for engaging audiences.  I'll incorporate some of her thoughts into my presentation tonight.  And it wasn't my acute observations of her that helped me determine she was relaxed.  She said she felt like a nap at her desk after lunch.  From that I inferred she was relaxed.  Hahah.  Nah - she looked good.

Anyhow, after work was a different thing.  Mike gave me the car keys and I drove to the cathedral on Molesworth St at 4pm and collected Toby from the school bus stop.  We went out to Wellington High School and found the school office.  Toby had an interview with the head of history.  It was such a positive experience.  Toby is looking forward to going there next week.  The man treated Toby like a young adult and really gave Toby the impression his thoughts were important.  As we left, Toby said that the man had seemed more like a friend than a teacher.  I think I know what Toby was trying to convey.  The man had mana, had your respect, but also valued your contribution.

We left and were very happy about next year's school change.

Rebooted and saw feet!

Wednesday mornings is work PC update day and I had to reboot this morning.  The benefit of this (besides protection for my PC) is I get to see my feet wallpaper.  This morning I saw Aidan's holiday feet from a beach in Maine.  And you can also see photos of Toby and Mike.  The Mike photo is from when he was 20 and visited Melbourne for the first time.  Everyone that comes to my desk comments on it.  Usually they say how handsome he is, how much like a male model he is.  Or maybe I am lying and the comments are usually around how much hair he had back then.  Hahah.  You choose!

A colleague is off on holiday and I asked for a photo of her feet doing something special for my folder.  The wallpaper cycles through a collection of feet photos.  Mine, naturally, are the best.  But I see Mike's feet, Andrew's feet, Ange's feet and Aidan's feet from time to time.  Obviously I need more feet shots.

Right.  Time to start the day.  Toby has an appointment in town this afternoon that Mike is taking him to.  And I have my presentation to 4 sessions of parents and students at Upper Hutt College on careers in IT to present this evening.  Woot!

Enjoy the day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment