Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Wednesday with E and D coming over

Hi,


 What a lovely day yesterday - like spring.  I went for a bike ride at lunch time, following Mary on her run.  She ran all the way to NIWA and I left her there to run back on her own and hurtled back as I had to interview someone for a job.  The lift never co-operated and took me to my floor - with my bike.  I had no time to go back down and then come up and get changed.  So I threw my bike at my desk and rushed into the shower room to get changed.  Ran into the interview right on time!  Ooossshhh!



Lunch time run


Stunning lunch time running weather

Anyway, I got the car to take home as Mike was going out after work.  I got home to find Emerson and Duncan already home and enjoying time with Toby.  They assured me homework was fine.  Riiiigghht!

I cooked tea for them and they all ate loads.  Look at the number of veges on the plate!  It was Toby's favourite meal.  Chicken schnitzels.

Look at those veges
 The boys relaxed after tea and eventually they got ready for bed.  It wasn't too long before they all dropped off to sleep.

Mike, on the other hand, came rummaging around the window at 12.45am like a demented hedgehog to let me in.  Then he asked if I had been following his evening on Facebook.  Well, no!  Bit hard to do that when you're fast asleep!

Aidan had an evening work function out at Trentham to attend - hence the mid-week sleepover.  And on Thursday she has a long drive to the Linton camp for something on up there.  So it made sense for the boys to come and stay.  Much easier.

This morning I got up early because I had three lunches to make.  I hope the boys like the lunch I prepared them.  It wasn't much like the lunch I threw out of their lunchbox before I put the new one in.  They both got two bread rolls.  Made with love.  They are tiny ones.  Hahahah!  And a whole heap of fruit and some biscuits and Doritos.

The sunrise this morning was stunning.  It is brilliant sunshine now when I ride in.  Guess that means the change to daylight savings isn't far away now.  Another month maybe.

Soft purple sunrise

Toby is still sick off school.  Same tummy bug.  Gah!  Poor kid.

Right.  Time for tea.  I need tea.  Tea makes everything much better.

Have a fantastic day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment