Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Wednesday with a surprise

Hi,

What a day.  The weather was pants and it was hosing down around lunchtime.  I hadn't made my lunch so I was contemplating where to rush out to get something to eat.  I had a meeting at my usual lunch time so it got to near 1pm and I still hadn't eaten anything.

I was sitting at my desk when I got a ping from the receptionist.

That was a "Yes" and a mad rush up the stairs to the reception


I got upstairs and was equal parts bemused and ecstatic that Aidan was there, dripping wet, to say a quick hello.  She'd been out for a run, because that's what you do when it is pouring down with rain.  But she detoured past my work on the off-chance I was around.  And I got lucky.  We chatted and I got a hug (or two, or three) and she was off, into the rain.

The other good thing was that Mike had an unavoidable meeting on his sick day and came past work as I was finishing and took me home.  Yay for Mike and his perfect timing.  Boo for his migraines.

Wee Toby is still sick too.  Stomach issues.  So I am working from home for the afternoon today.  That means I have to ride home with my laptop.  This is when I really wish I had asked for a superlight Surface for my work computer.

Right. Time for tea.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment