Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Monday with a run - of sorts

Hi,

Well, I had a pretty good Monday at work really.  I think the euphoria of the weekend was still working its magic.  But I went for my first ten km run after work with Mary along the waterfront to NIWA (and supposedly back again).

My calf had been a bit sire since my run last Tuesday for some reason.  I had a light run on Friday and it was ok but friends that run said I should wait until Monday before running again.

Well, 300m into my run I felt my calf.  But it didn't get any worse and seemed to be feeling pretty good.  So, as it always happens, I got to the 5km mark, the furtherest from work, when all of a sudden I could hardly put any weight on it.

Gutted.  I had to walk back.  And Mary walked with me, even though it made her horribly late for her train.

The only good thing?  The evening was stunning and the view was spectacular.  If I'd been running, I couldn't have taken a photo.  And I got to chat to Mary.  We never talk while we're running, so this was good from that aspect.

Wellington from Oriental Parade

Now I have an enforced layoff from running.  Stink.  But as Mike kindly said, I can increase my cycling to compensate.

I rode home after the run/walk and my leg was still pretty sore.  Mike rubbed some Voltaren into it and found the tear (or whatever it is) easily.  It'll be fine.  Especially after a lovely cup of tea around about now.

Today is overcast and it looks like it's been raining overnight.  But I got into work nice and dry.  I have lunch with Aidan today.  Yay.  Looks awfully like Monday was great at work, and Tuesday will be great too.  Any day with an Aidan lunch has to be good by definition.  In fact, I am pretty sure some of my exchanges with Toby go like this:

Toby:  How was your day, Mum?

Me:  Ok, I guess.  No, wait.  I had lunch with Aidan.  Today was awesome.

I should just totally have lunches (or breakfasts) with more people I like every day.  Hahah!

Apparently last night when I was walking back to work (5 km!) and I called Mike to ask if he could come and collect us, Toby said he would come and collect me if he could.  He's so sweet.  (And in case you were wondering, Mike was indisposed - but he did look after me once I got home).

Right.  Time for that tea.  It is calling to me.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment