Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Tuesday with lunch with Aidan, cooking with Sally and a sick day

Hi,

Wow - I'm glad days like that hardly ever reach those giddy levels of weirdness very often.  What a crazy day.  Rode in.  Blogged.  Caught up with Mike briefly who said the morning was great with Toby.  Then, boom!  Got a call from the school nurse that Toby was with her and needed me.

So, I grabbed the car off Mike as I didn't think Toby would be happy if I turned up on my bicycle, and went and collected him.  I got sick leave from work, ready to spend the day with him.  But as we drove back from school, Mike called to say he had a migraine and was going home.  Toby and I collected him on the way home.

I set Toby up with some homework before I did some housework and popped out for lunch with Aidan.  I had a bit of an obligation there as I had her lunch with me and she would have had to beg for food from colleagues, or broken the budget by having to buy her lunch.  Or just eaten whatever muesli bar she had in the bottom of her handbag.  It was a good lunch, up in her cafe at work.  Nice views out over the harbour.

Look what I made!


I went home and cuddled up with the sick boys for a bit before I went out to read a book and wait for Sally for the Asiana cooking school.  Mike had booked in to do it with Sally but his two migraines in one day had him down for the count.

Sally and I made caramelised pork with onions and two spring rolls.  It was good fun.  Turns out this was a Meetup group Mike had booked us into.  I think a lot of people knew each other.  At the end we chatted to one woman who professed to having no idea who Mike was.

Sally explained she was his sister and I was his wife.  The woman said "Are you his ex wife?".  Well, no, I said.  So she said, why is he in the Socially Singles Meetup group then?

Hahahah!  I figured out that some Meetups open up for others if they don't get enough punters and that is what Mike did.  But by that stage we had already left and that poor woman is probably thinking I was going to get home and ask my husband why he was in a singles group!


Look what I made!

My spring rolls cooking
My caramelised pork with onion cooking



Spring rolls!
I dropped Sally home and chatted briefly to Andrew.  Caught up with a bit of their news.  Then drove home and collapsed into sleep.

Both my boys are still sick though.  I left them in the house this morning, both feeling sorry for themselves.

I'd better rush home at the other end of the day to sort them out.

Hope you have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment