Monday, August 17, 2015

The weekend that was wonderful

Hi,

What an amazing weekend.  Especially for a weekend in Wellington, with very little in the way of massive plans. It just went well, both the expected events as well as unexpected highlights.

Friday I went home and sorted out Toby.  I nipped back into town to collect Mike from work and we had a relaxing evening.  I did end up a bit covered in beer from Mike's bottle and I washed all my clothes that evening.

Saturday we were up fairly early.  Well, Toby slept like a log and was up at 7am sorting out his own breakfast.  Woot!  That was so pleasing to see.

Out of bed and showered ready for Yum Cha goodness at 11am at Dragons on Tory St.  It was a huge affair with 10 of us.  The three of us, all the Tabors, Christine, Tom and Brian.
Yum Cha fun and games

We ate our way through a mountain of food.  Mmmmmm.  The boys eventually got restless so Mike and Josh took them to the park and the rest of us chatted, enjoying the sudden silence.  It did mean we ended up with the bill.  Hahah!

Aidan and I said goodbye to Christine and Brian as they wandered off to find Tom with the others.  We were off to the Penthouse in Brooklyn to see Train Wreck.  We were early so we took the long way there around the bays.  Lovely.  Aidan wanted to take photos, as she does.  So she did.  I took photos of her taking photos.  As I do.  I appreciate getting to see things through her photographer's eye.  It makes me take a second look at things.  Always a good idea.  You never know what might have escaped your attention the first time.


About to jump in the  wee green car for some fun



View of the south coast

We parked up the street from the cinema and wandered down, past a cafe/restaurant that looked nice called Salty Pidgin.  Filed that away for later.  Grabbed our tickets and settled down to watch the movie. We would have been lucky if there were 8 people in the cinema with us.

The movie was ok - not as funny as I might have thought.  But it was ok.  I enjoyed it.  I laughed out loud in the last 5 minutes when she (the actress - Amy Schumer) indulged in some slapstick, so it ended on a high for me.  I think Aidan liked it too.  Which is good, because our track record of movies we see together is rather patchy.  More miss than hit.

But... we popped into Salty Pidgin and it was great.  The smell was amazing.  What was it, Aidan?  It was spicy somehow.  Anyway, we had a drink and Aidan had two freshly shucked oysters.  I think we need to come back for a meal one day.  Nice ambiance.


Pimms for Aidan

We popped into the supermarket before I dropped Aidan home.  She had to get the ingredients for tea as we were all eating at her place before Mike, Josh and Aidan went out to Beervana.  I went home to collect the boys and we were back.  I finished cooking tea (I stirred the sauce and cooked pasta) and I ate with the boys while the Beervana contingent got ready.

I dropped them into town and I was back and lined up my Kindle while the boys played games.  Duncan put himself to bed and I got the call to collect everyone.  Yes, I think I did fall asleep on their couch.  Hahah!

Kindle, tea, chippies

As they approached the car, I could see they had souvenirs of their excursion.  They had pilfered people's tasting glasses.  With dregs of beer in them still.  Stink!  And I got a bit on me - again!


Mike in the thick of Beervana action


Dropped them home and took my boys home.  I watched the rugby (go All Blacks - what a sublime game) and eventually fell asleep at midnight.


The next morning Aidan collected me with Christine and Duncan and we went to visit Victor.  We gave him a brush and pampered him a bit.

Victor is so warm in the sun

Stones in the hoof hurt - lots!
He's all good




Taking stones out of Victor's hoof

It was good fun and the weather was sunny right up until we left.  We drove back into Wellington in a little bit of rain.

Aidan dropped me home and I decided to drop the pamphlets around the streets that the boys hadn't done yet.  Just as I finished the boys got home.  It was Jake's party time and they had been shopping.  So I went with them into town.  We dropped Toby off and then went to work.  But Mike was working for a while and then had other plans.

So I texted Aidan and fortunately she could come and get me, and what's more, take me grocery shopping.  Woot!  Awesome synergy.  We popped into Countdown at Crofton Downs and I was stoked to get lime pickle.  Mmmmm.

Back home and some housework before Mike got home.  Then out to see Sarah and Hamish and Ryan for tea.  Wow!  Mike then followed Sarah in the rain up into Otari Wilton bush for some game Sarah plays.  Madness, is what I say.

But I got my ironing done.  And the morning is stunning here today. The best morning.  The sort that makes you happy to live here.



Sunrise this morning

The week is busy this week.  Loads of Mike things on after work.  I best keep track of things.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment