Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The long long weekend on the Sunshine Coast

Hi,

I had a lovely time visiting my parents on the Sunshine Coast.  I arrived bright and early at 8am on Friday morning after an uneventful flight.  I was starving though - no time for breakfast with the huge queue at Virgin Australia in Wellington.  It meant I had to rush through customs and get on my flight.  And of course I didn't buy a seat with food.

I landed at 8am and by 8.15am I was sitting in my rental car waiting for Karen's flight to land from Sydney at the domestic terminal.  I drove around there and collected her and soon we were off to visit Mum, Dad, Tyler, Abby and Toby.

Got there and chilled out for a bit with them in the pool.  But later we went to Coolum Beach and had a great time in the warm surf beach.  We must have jumped about for over an hour.

Somersault Tyler

Heading to the surf


Playing on the rocks


Next morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast - pancakes.  Then off for some stand up paddling boarding.  Just me and the girls.  They gave me a few pointers from their lesson a day or so earlier.
I head out bravely


After only falling off when I had either Abby or Tyler standing on the front of the board, I convinced Karen to come on.  She shrieked a lot!  Hahahah.

Karen got on my SUP


Sunday was a day spent driving to and from the airport really.  Karen, Tyler, Abby and I went via Sunshine Plaza for some shopping for me and then we got to the airport just after 3.15pm.  As we drove out of Dunes Court, we watched a young woman (maybe she was around 15 I guess) ride her bicycle along the right hand footpath.  I only noticed her because her helmet matched the colour of her bike.  Anyway, as we approached the t intersection at the end of the street, I slowed down as I was unsure if Karen wanted to go left or right (depending on whether we wanted to get some groceries now or later) and all of a sudden the young cyclist was riding across in front of me without looking for traffic.  I slammed my brakes on and stopped about a metre in front of her.  She was astonished to see a car on the street by the look on her face.

Anyway, the rest of the trip went without incident and they caught their flight home and I got lost going back to Peregian Springs.  Ended up on the Bruce Highway instead.  But I found a road that cut across to Coolum.  Yay!  I'm a local now.  Drove through sugar cane fields.  Like a real Queensland route.  I remember visiting Cairns many years ago and seeing them set on fire.  That was pretty cool.

Dawn service
 Up super early for the Dawn Service at the Coolum RSA on ANZAC Day.  Dad decided to join me at the last minute.  Very well attended.  And a lovely service.

Iced coffee fun
We had lunch at Coolum at The Coffee Club and then back home for a yummy tea later on.
Toby's molten mud cake hot chocolate

Tuesday we went into Noosa River for lunch and a library book collection before Toby and I headed to Brisbane for our flight.


Another day another iced coffee
Flight went well and it was so good to see Mike at the airport.  I am back at work after 4 hours sleep and hoping the day is an easy one.

Thank you for a wonderful break!  I had such fun.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment