Friday, April 8, 2016

The Thursday with dragon boat team dinner

Hi,

Well, what a long day!  I managed to get a Starbucks iced coffee (a frappaccino I think they called it) with Sally from work.  It was a little on the sweet side, so not quite as good as it could have been.  But it wasn't too bad.

Starbucks iced coffee


I worked through until 5pm ish when a bunch of us left work to head to München for our dragon boat team dinner.  Celebrating success - and all that.  

I ordered the Schweinshaxe - because that is what you do in a German restaurant.  And I am still full!  Believe me!

But I won an award.  Most improved (female) paddler.  James T won the male equivalent and as the euphoria of receiving his own award died down, he wondered if that meant he was really pants at the start of the season.  Hahahah.  I am happy though.  Cool.

And thanks to Celia for coaching the team.  Best dragon boat coach I have ever had!


I won an award - and Celia photo bombed me!

As the evening continued and we chatted away, Mike joined us.  He had been organising tramping stuff at the Thistle Inn.  His pad was on the table and it caught Serge's eye.

Caught Serge's eye

So he sketched one of the characters on the first page.  Cool, eh?

Serge drew


Right.  I have my tea.  Time for get stuck in.  So busy.

And we're off tramping this weekend.  Mike is off tonight, and Toby and I will meet Philippa tomorrow morning for a nice brekkie before we walk in.  Orongorongos.  Easy walk.  I intend to read lots.  Don't tell Mike!

Enjoy your coming weekend too.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment