Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Tuesday with a train ride and takeaways

Hi,

I managed to get away for an iced coffee catch up with Ed at work.  We went to Gasoline and had a rollicking good chat.  I think Ed's brain is wired quite similar to mine.



Happy with my iced coffee

I added this photo in because I look a little cheeky

Anyway, Toby arrived at work after school and sat in Celia's seat while he "did homework" and I finished some things.  Then we wandered around trying to find him some sushi - but all the places were shut.  And Toby only likes chicken teriyaki and avocado.

We met Sally and walked down to the train station and found ourselves on a full train to Taita (some place in Upper Hutt).  Toby got up out of his seat for an older man - I was very pleased at his upbringing.  Hahahah.

The passengers around us were rather talkative.  At one stage my seat partner told us we were on the wrong train and this one didn't stop at Petone.  That made the woman sitting in front of me anxious and she started worrying about being on the wrong train.  But other passengers corrected the first woman - as did Sally.  In fact, Sally's look suggested the first woman was just being silly.  Made me laugh - but only under my breath!

We did in fact stop at Petone and we all walked to Pitstop Petone - up the other end of Jackson St.  Had a lovely walk.  The rain that threatened did not eventuate.  Got the car and picked up Indian takeaways.  Just as we got back in the car, Mike rang and said he was coming to tea with us.  Woot!

Got back to Sally's house just as a really bright light on a bicycle came down her street.  Turns out Andrew rides with a lighthouse on his handlebars.  Awesome light!  Perfect timing.

We may have eaten the onion bhajis before Mike got home.  But we held off the mains until he got there.  Great fun.  And we watched "What we do in the shadows" for a laugh.

Got home and I tell you what!  I slept so well.  I feel like a super woman this morning.  After the restless sleep the night before.  Heaven.

Now, if I can just get a cup of tea around now, I should be sweet!

Have a good day!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment