Friday, April 15, 2016

The Thursday with dinner out with Fran and Roz

Hi,

Ok - I did have dinner out with Fran and Roz last night (Thurs) but because Roz was involved there is no photographic evidence that it took place.  Hahah.  You just have to believe me.

Anyway, work was work.  Although a highlight was lunch with Sally, Andrew and Mike in the sunshine.  The Gilbert genes shone through when both Sally and Mike pulled out their own bread and cheese and salami and lettuce and whatever else and ate their lunch (I do note that Andrew also ate it - so he is taking on some Gilbert characteristics!).  Meanwhile I ate my store bought sandwich and drink.

Mike has had his home-made sandwiches a few days in a row and is raving about how good it is and how he is going to eat it every day.  Great!  Less time for me in the morning making his lunch.  Yay!  I get 7 more minutes back in my morning.  :-p

I have also asked Andrew to pencil in a Rees/Dart tramp within the next year.  Feb 2017 or late Spring this year.  I have wanted to walk that track since I was around 15 years old.  Now is the time.  Which will mean not only training for Round Taupo through this winter, but also getting in some long tramps with a heavier pack than I am used to.  Oossshhh!

Anyway, I left work yesterday and met Roz outside her client and we waited for Fran to collect us.  Off to the Spruce Goose in Lyall Bay and we had a scrumptious meal and enjoyed our catch up.  Laughed our way through yummy food!  Caught up on the news.  Roz has holidays planned.  Fran is planning holidays.  I have holidays planned.  Yep - a lot of holiday talk.

Thanks Fran and Roz for the awesome evening.

Fran dropped us at the airport and I chatted to Roz until Mike came and collected me.  Isn't he sweet to come out to get me?  Also collected my running gear from work and got it washed so I can take it away this weekend.

Off to bed and I am sure I fell asleep while Mike had photos spread out over the bed.  And he may have even been talking.  I remember saying that only direct questions to me would keep me awake and then I fell asleep.  I think he might despair at my inability to keep awake when  he is keen to unwind and chat.  Poor man.

This morning is stunning


As I ate my breakfast this morning I enjoyed the sunrise.  We're having a spell of my favourite autumn weather.  Love this time of year.  Wait.  No.  I love winter.  Oh, and spring.  And summer.  Ok.  I love any season really.  For different reasons!

But, time to ramp up the day.  I have my tea.

Awesome weekend planned.  We're all off to Auckland tonight.  Toby has Jack's party tomorrow and then he is off to Brisbane on Sunday.  Mike and I have a romantic weekend in Waiheke Island and we're back late Monday in Wellington.

Last day of term for Toby today.  Oh - Mike embarrassed him last night when Toby was chatting to his friend online.  Mike was saying things and Toby's face went red.  So cute!  And his friend sounded nice.

Right.  Now it's time to start the day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment