Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Wednesday with WoW

Hi,

What a great way to finish the day.  It was Ange's birthday and she has a tradition in the past few years (like six if them) of going to see WoW.  We were lucky enough to grab some tickets with her this year.  When Roanne had work commitments get in the way, we got her two tickets too, so I invited Mike and Toby along.

Toby came to my work around 5pm and entertained himself for a while until I was ready.  Mike got a wee bit delayed at his work, but we were soon meeting Ange and her family and friends for dinner before WoW.

The service was really rather slow, and the food was nothing to write home about (so you're not hearing anything - hahahah).  But it met the need.  It was all about WoW (and Ange) anyway.

We entered the TSB Arena and found our excellent seats.  I think the jazz band warming the audience up was making Toby slightly nervous about sitting through whatever WoW was going to present to him.  But, once the show kicked in, he was obviously quite taken with it.  Lots of dancing, fantastic light shows and of course, the costumes themselves.

I needn't have worried about Mike and Toby.  They seemed to enjoy it immensely.  I may have drifted off to a light doze during portions of it.  Apparently the sci fi section was really good.  I seem to remember hearing David Bowie's "Major Tom" but I can't recall any of it.  Pretty sure that might be when my head fell and woke me up.  Oops.  I also got a little horizontal in my seat at one point.

Well, it was past my bedtime.  And warm.  And dark.  And noise hardly ever keeps me awake. And we were up last night until 1am collecting Toby from the airport.  All conditions that are perfect for sleeping.

The boys were very pleased that we went.  We got back to the car and headed home and all collapsed into bed.

Time to kick start the day.  Thursday.  Woot!  Have a good one.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment