Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The weekend with beautiful weather for Labour Day

Hi,

What a lovely, lazy weekend.  Saturday Mike and I had booked in haircuts for ourselves, at the same hairdressers, but 1.5 hours apart.  We had no idea of the other haircut appointment.  Hahah.  Mike had to get up earlier than me though.

After that, it was back home and a lazy afternoon.  Mike and I went to Seaside Cabaret for some lovely lunch. I enjoyed it.  Once we got back home, we tried to get the DR started, and had it charging for about 30 minutes.  Nope.  Almost.  But - no!  So, we need to get its battery sorted before I can ride it down for its WoF.

Sunday saw a stunning day in Wellington.  But, we were quite lazy really.  We dropped Toby off at Isaac's house for a sleepover late in the day and caught up with Sally and Tim over a cup of tea.

Mike and I tried the Ramen shop for tea.  Mike loved it and washed it all down with a sake.

Smudge on the deck

Pulled pork with brown rice

Sake - mmmmm

Iced coffee at Seashore Cabaret Cafe
Monday we got up (later than we wanted) and I went for a bike ride over to Waikanae.  My old time to beat was 3:40 and although I did beat it, it wasn't by much.  3:25.  Sigh.  So I want to try it again this coming weekend.  And add a Round the Bays ride in as well.

We also went to visit a work colleague's house to meet his new baby.  She is less than a month old.  She slept the whole time we were there.  But she looks so cute.  Her name is Layan.  We'll have to go and visit again soon.

The ride in this morning was wet, wet, wet!  Makes up for the dry weekend.  Hahahah.

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment