Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The Monday back at work

Hi,

I know my Monday looks like a day of iced lattes - but really - what is two coffees in the scheme of the entire day?  Come on.

Iced latte @ The Lab with Amanda

Iced latte at Machete with Andrew

Jase arrives today!  Woot!  So looking forward to seeing him.  He's here for a week.  Yes!

This morning I walked in.  Got to work and realised I had no sports socks for boxing/spin.  Discarded the idea of using my hiking socks and rummaged through my emergency stash of clothes.

Yes!  Found sports socks.

Went to boxing - woah!  I love boxing.  Hammered things for 45 mins.  Heart rate through the roof.  Then ran out and went to spin.  Did that for 45 mins.

Got back to work.  Showered.  Singing.  Getting dressed.  Realised I packed no work socks.

And given I had already rummaged through the emergency stash of clothes I knew that I had no work socks.

Sock drama.

I am at work now, wearing sports socks (that I have to admit are slightly damp from my 1.5 hours of exercise) under my boots.

Right.  The day is sunny - but windy.  There is a southerly change coming this week - with colder, bad weather.

Fun, fun!

Andrew and I are hatching plans for a bike ride.  Maybe Sunday?  Maybe we can convince Sally and Mike to collect us at the other end and have lunch? 

Yes, we have plans.  Whether anyone else plays along is debatable at this point.  But...  Anticipation.

Someone came up to me at work and said they saw Mike training hard at the gym this morning.  Like, really hard.  Because they said he looked in pain.  Hahahah.  Good work, Mike!  You are amazing and you will walk those hills in Nepal like a wee mountain goat.

Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment