Thursday, September 12, 2019

The Wednesday that felt like Friday except I wasn't wearing casual clothes at work

Hi,

Turns out I have no pics of the dinner we had with my work colleagues.  I must have had photos taken on other people's cameras.  I'll try to get one and add it in.


Fashion statement


I wore my animal print belt for "Animal Print Wednesday".  The fashionistas said it would look ok with my black pants and blue shirt.  I remain unconvinced.  And I think I should agitate to move "Animal Print Day" back to Friday.


Anyway, I did get away with Sally from work to enjoy a vegan chocolate slice at The Lab.  And as it was 3pm, I didn't have an iced latte.  Whole two days without one? 

OMG.  I just got a text from Andrew saying:  when was our last coffee?

See?  I'm not addicted.  It has been a few days.  But ok - I have missed it.  Might be time to rectify that.


Sharing a vegan snickers slice with Sally

She reckons I have a "boy band" hairstyle.  She's not wrong

Sally did say my hair looked like I should be in a boy band - and as it was hanging around in my eyes, I had to agree.  However - it was haircut night.  So - woot!  Perfect timing.

Got to my haircut - and Joelene cut my hair as Sarah had her wee baby - Mila Rose.  Ran out of there to Macs Brewery and met all my work mates for drinks and dinner.  It was a huge group.  We got the chance to meet some of the partners from colleagues.  There had been visa delays - and now most of them had managed to get their spouses in the country.

So good to see everyone happy at being together and tackling a new country.  They all seem to embrace it.  Good on them!

Thank you to all of them for coming in.  Mike arrived and also got to meet everyone.  He just got his jabs for Nepal.  Mine are tonight.  Although I wonder if I need any at all.  He does have a corneal lesion again and is wearing his glasses.  Oops.

My parents got the all clear to move back home after bushfires were close to their place.  Yay for that.

Home by Uber.  Toby had an epic day and decided on chicken nuggets for his dinner and walked to Karori New World.  That's so far away! 

I slept well, got up and walked in for my PT session.  Had a good deadlifts session.  Oosshh!

The day is stunning.  Have a good one, wherever you are.

Love,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment