Monday, September 2, 2019

The weekend with onam festival

Hi,

I had a bit of time ahead of a catch up for iced latte with someone and had to take a selfie.  Hahahah.  I always look slightly manic.

Rabid looking iced latte selfie


Friday saw me heading home to be with Toby and we decided on a burger for him.  I picked it up and dropped him and burger off at home before heading into town to collect Mike from the pub.  He had caught up with Preeti (leaving to go live in Denmark) and Adam, and bumped into Steph, Bronwyn and Shannon.  So I enjoyed a drink with everyone before hauling Mike out (and dropping Bronwyn home).

Up Saturday to sort out a few things ahead of Anjali arriving (with her family) to help me into my sari.  She is amazing.  We were sorted out in little time and ready to go.  it was in the school hall at St Pats in Kilbirnie.

Queuing for food

We watched the cultural event for a while - dancing and singing.  Some were quite young - all seemed pretty good to my eyes.  Eventually our hunger made us start queuing for the food.  They had a small eating area so we queued in a fairly orderly fashion before finally getting a seat.

Yum!

Anamika, Anjali, me and Sreejith

Mike with us

Me and Mike

It was such a brilliant day - and I was pleased Mike joined us.  Yay.  Thank you Sreejith and Anjali for making is a special day.

Sunday was Fathers Day and Toby got up to make scrambled eggs for Mike.  I didn't get a look in.  Hahahah.  I made myself toast.  Toby presented the ggs to Mike in bed.  Along with a t-shirt that said:  Dad, the myth the legend (or words to that effect) and gave a speech about how wonderful Mike is as a father.

Shucks.

It was lovely.

Then Toby explained the eggs were brown because that is how he likes them.

Ok - lucky I made my own toast.  I like my eggs without any brown.  Hahahahah.

Well done wee Toby - I could tell Mike was chuffed.

Affogato latte - the French cafe's take on iced latte

Toby had some mates (Zack and Ethan) arrive at midday for filming stuff so Mike and I headed off to a cafe to sign paperwork (taxes etc) and have an coffee ahead of a grocery expedition.

Please!  Why do we have so much milk?!

Who is that?


Mike also dug out old paperwork looking for Australian info for us.  And found his old passport photo.  OMG - what a male model.

Have an awesome week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment