Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The Monday back at work

Hi,

My day was hectic yesterday.  Appointment at radiology at 9am.  Fortunately I discovered they have a place on Lambton Quay and not just out at Lower Hutt.  Way better travel time.

Random pic from The Lab

Chatted to a chap that wants to move to NZ and work here.  And made him take a photo of me having an iced latte.  Poor guy.  He took it in his stride though. 

Another pic - this time at Thunderbird cafe

Did catch up with Iona and Col briefly as they "waited" in the ferry queue.  We met at Thunderbird cafe and Andrew managed to escape for it too.  His iced latte came out looking quite different from my iced latte.  That's the beauty of ordering it.  It's random.

Andrew ordered the same and got that!


Went out on the Melling train at 4.39pm to collect the car from Armstrong Subaru.  Worked great.  Packed train.  I sat in my seat and read.  It only stopped at Petone and Western Hutt - which is where I got off.  Walked the 500m to the car yard, paid for the car ($99 for the pollen filter to be replaced.  The what?  I didn't know it had one.) and its airbag sorted (global recall).

Sushi making for 5 year olds

Went shopping at New World in Thorndon and Mike met me when his drinks fizzled out.  Got home and cooked sushi for Toby.  Avocado was not very good.  Managed to salvage enough for his sushi.

My sushi making abilities are poor.  Like not even a grasshopper level.  Lower than a grasshopper.  I make sushi with earthworm-level abilities.  But Toby made all the right noises and loved it.

Hope your day is good.  Apparently we're off to see Jojo Rabbit tonight after work.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment