Monday, November 25, 2019

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What an awesome weekend.  Mike had survival night in the bush on Saturday. He survived!  Yay for that.  They ended up with a beautiful day for it.  So much so that Mike slept in the open.


Friday iced latte anticipation

Let me pose

At Verve with Celia on Friday

Mike posing.

Friday saw me and Mike catch up with Celia for lunch at Verve.  So good to see her - that was two days in a ROW. I hardly get to see her much these days as we're in separate buildings (she is on a client engagement that is likely to be a job for life - heheheh).

We also caught up with Sally and Andrew after work at Honey Badger.  That turned into a few more drinks, and then more food.  Quite the long night - for me at any rate.

Toby wanted Nandos for tea, so Mike convinced me to Flamingo scooter back from the train station to Courtney Place.  It was such fun - I am so glad he convinced me.  We found two scooters across from the station and rode around the waterfront and up Taranaki St.  The boards on the bridge were fun with hard tyres.  So bouncy I couldn't see properly.  Hahahah.  I will do that again.  No wonder Mike does it often.

Saturday saw me up early to get ready for a cycle ride with some of my Spin class punters.  Met them at 8.30am at Freyburg pool.  Except they were running late.  So I sat and waited in the car for them to arrive.  I had the car because I had piles and piles of dirty washing.  Yes, washing machine is still MIA.

Did the ride around the bays.  Felt good.

Back to car at 11am and off to Lower Hutt to do washing.  Sally was at a cooking school for the day, so I threw a wash in and walked to Zany Zeus with Andrew.  Heard about ratbags stealing the painters' van last week (while they were painting Sally and Andrew's house, the van was stolen from their driveway!  In broad daylight!).  Had lunch with Andrew.  Then took two clean, but wet, piles of washing home and left Andrew more to churn through.  Poor Andrew.

Spider crawled out of the house on Sunday

Mike got home Sunday around midday.  And maybe brought home a big spider from the bush.  I would rather think that than imagine it living in our house.  Wow!

Supermarket shopping in there somewhere.

Later that day we dropped bikes off at Gary the bike mechanics for servicing.  Got our clean, dry washing from Sally and Andrew and had a cup of tea.  Mike saw the kitchen disaster (which might not be as bad as it could have been).  Then home via Bluebridge ferry terminal to pick up Iona off the ferry and lend her our car.  She's off to Palmerston North for a few days before she comes back to Wellington Wednesday.  Taupo on Friday!  Oosshh.

Monday morning walk to work

My off road commute

Work has their tree up!

Monday morning coffee

The week beckons.  Short one for me.  Iona and I drive up to Taupo on Friday.  Yay!  Bring it on!

Have a good week!

Good luck to wee Toby.  History this morning.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment