Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Monday with a friends of te papa talk

Hi,

I finally caught up with Louise yesterday over an iced latte at The Lab.  Her son Will used to go to school with Toby when they were 5 years old.  He's also sitting his NCEA 2 exams at the moment.  He wants to be a vet.  Good to hear about the latest things going on in her life.

Iced latte with Louise



After work I met Andrew and we stuffed pizzas down us at Joe's Garage before heading to Te Papa for a talk from a visiting professor from Sweden.  Professor Sorlin.  The "o" has some dots over it.  Here it is:  Solander

We both took notes as this is an event I have volunteered to write up for the Friends of Te Papa website.  I better get onto that.

The professor was talking about Solandar, Sparrman and the Anthropocene.  I think it highlighted the progressive attitude of Swedes - from 1769 through to now with Greta.  Understood conservation back then, and still get it.

Tried to catch a bus home, but it was 20 mins away so Mike convinced me to Uber.  Andrew had fled from the talk to rush for his train.  And he made it!

Home to see the boys.  Toby was happy with his history exam.  Yay!  Slept like a log.  Phew.

Today was Spin.  One of two this week as I am tapering.  :-)

Nice and warm today - I am in short sleeves at work.  Oosshh.

Have a great day.  Last exam tomorrow for Toby. And Tessa is home next week!  Wow.  She is incredible for taking off on her adventure.

Have a great day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment