Monday, November 4, 2019

The weekend with weaving and cycling

Hi,

What a weekend.  Friday saw Mike and I at home by ourselves as Toby had a weekend with his mates. 

Mike was very merry by the time I got home.  He turned into an octopus while we watched TV.  Hahahah.

Friday iced latte!


Up early to pack (made me stressed as I usually pack the night before and didn't!) for Palmerston North road trip and cycle ride.  Sally and Andrew collected me at 8am and we put my bike in the car and headed off.  Grabbed brekkie at Waikanae Bakery.

Got to Palmerston North well before 11am (more like 10.30am) and found Col with her friends at Moxies.  We chatted away before we all headed to Taylor Jensen Gallery for the opening ceremony of the weaving exhibition that Iona has been ramping up for over the past 6 weeks.

Saturday iced coffee @ Moxies

Weight of conviction

The exhibition was amazing.  The team had all made the most incredible items.  From a huge taniwha through to evening kete that wouldn't look out of place at the Opera House.  Beautiful clothing too.  Iona contributed her pieces and they really added to the exhibition by showing some of the practical aspects of weaving.

Kai time

Weaving goodness

Info - and feet!

Then we were away and got changed in the library toilets.  And headed off around 1pm from the middle of town.

Cycling fun
Up over the Pahiatua Track road.  The uphill made my knee twinge.  I wasn't too happy about that and I was conscious of it for the rest of the ride.  But what a gorgeous route.  We climbed up to meet Sally at the summit, then barreled down the hill into Pahiatua.

Met Sally off and on as we headed out of Pahiatua in towards Route 52 area (back blocks between Pahiatua and Eketahuna).  Lovely riding.

Bike ride from Palmerston North to the middle of nowhere


Got to an intersection that headed towards Eketahuna and I called it quits for the day.  60km.  3 hours.  Meh.  But the riding was superb.

Andrew rode into Eketahuna to meet me and Sally as we waited in the car there.  Then we drove like the wind to Lower Hutt for a quick clothes change and then to our place for the same for me.

We drove into town and went to see Terminator:  Dark Fate.  I loved it!  Awesome movie.  Sally and Andrew dropped us home.

Lazy Sunday for me.  I had a headache.  Boo!  But Mike got heaps done.  Focus is going.  DRZ is going.  Garden got a blitz.

Sunday lunch

Up early Monday for my walk in.  Gorgeous morning.

Monday morning commute

Walking to work on Monday

Did boxing in the PT session.  So hard.  Such fun!

And the week looms large.

Have a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment