Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Monday and Tuesday at work

 Hi,


Turns out I forgot to post yesterday.  Oops.  I got to work after a great PT session that left my arms as mere accessories, really.  Decorative, not functional.  Good bench session.  Met Roanne and she asked for a bagel date.  Which - excuse me - but Roanne, plus an iced latte and a bagel.  A terrific combo not to be missed.  So I said yes, but do I have time for a shower first?

She said yes.  I jumped in the shower.  Sang away with enthusiasm and little skill.  Got dressed, sat at my desk and got ready to head to my bagel date when Laura asked if I was coming to the 8am workshop session.

No.  Should I?  Yes, she said.  And sent me the invitation.

So I stood Roanne up.  She said next time I say yes, but can I have a shower first, she is going to say:  No you #!@#!@ cannot have a shower first.

Bwhahahah.

It did get worse for her too.  She went for a bagel at lunchtime to make up for her poor choice of date for brekkie.  Ordered and paid for her bagel and cream cheese.  And they took her money then said:  we just ran out of cream cheese, choose another bagel.  

What?  And all the bagels she wanted had cream cheese on them.  So she was not happy.  Left there with her peanut butter bagel and wondered at why a shop could run out of its most popular topping and they not have a contingency plan.

I was in the doghouse.  Roanne is sure there would have been cream cheese for the brekkie date.  Hahah.

Work iced latte

Busy at work.  Then Mike sorted out Mevo and he wanted to try it out. A car that you rent by the minute.  You use the app on your phone like the scooters.  You find a close one, and you can reserve it so it waits for you.  They have Audi plug-in hybrids. Nice car.

We live outside the CBD zone, so we have to keep paying for the car if we drive it home. That makes it a bit dearer. But we left it outside our house overnight and drove it in again the next morning. Total cost: $50. Dearer than an uber each way, but cheaper than a taxi each way.

Mevo ride home

Parked and recharging, back in town

Elly and Tom popped over and Mike cooked home made burgers for them.  It was a lovely catch up.  Moxley quite likes Tom.  I think it is his dog she can smell.  Hahah.

Off to bed after Elly and Tom left.  I was getting quite tired.  But it is my sleep in morning on Wednesdays.  That was pleasant.  With the car outside waiting for us, we did get in nice and early.  And Roanne was there so we went for a brekkie date and she got her bagel with cream cheese.  I may have one paw out of the doghouse now.

Ugly bagel iced latte morning

Busy day again at work.  

Hope you are all well.  Have a good day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment