Monday, July 19, 2021

The weekend that was wet

 Hi,

What a weekend of wet.  The rain did not let up and Mike and I stayed at home for all of Saturday and quite a bit of Sunday too.

Breakfast in bed

Saturday saw us stay in bed instead of getting up to brave the conditions for boot camp.  The spouting often overflowed through the day and it was like living inside a waterfall.

We read books and I doom-scrolled a lot on social media.  West coast and Marlborough were badly hit by the weather.  I also kept an eye on Toa the wee baby orca stuck in Plimmerton.  

We postponed the house warming visit to Ana and Daniel on Saturday night.  Good call as cars stuck on SH2 were there for hours.  I read on Sunday it took 9 hours for someone to get to Eastbourne.  There was a lot of slips and flooding.

Getting up Sunday I was having a leisurely shower when Mike told me I had to be ready to leave in 5 mins.  I was like:  what?

Turns out we had forgotten brunch with Kara and Neil at La Cloche.  Lucky it was a close venue.  Mike threw me out as he found a park.



Hello Kara

It was so good to see Kara - she has not changed a bit.  She is trying to settle into Wellington, as is Neil.  Hopefully she can join us for the ski trip in August down south.

We got home from brunch at 1.30pm and Mike asked me to stay to help with putting the van seats in.  I was going to go to the Otago v Wellington Farah Palmer cup match at Jerry Collins field in Porirua.  Fortunately Sally and Andrew got back from the Surrealist exhibition (yes - the infamous one from the Sydney visitor weekend) and Andrew helped Mike while Sally and I checked out cats on the internet.

Twitter showed our supermarket was ankle deep in the carpark

Headed over to Ana and Daniel's place with Janine at 5.30pm.  Saw a very swollen Hutt River and debris all over roads everywhere.  But not an issue really.  

Their house is stunning.  Brand new - I think they have only been in it for 5 or 6 weeks.  Beautiful.  Our in Trentham.  Lovely dinner.  Allyson came too - as did Amy.

Drove home - in pouring rain!  Hahah.  I was more worried about the cockroach that wandered around as I drove home.

Working from home today.

Cold.  But not raining and the wind has dropped.

Take care.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment