Friday, July 9, 2021

The Thursday with Chris leaving work

Hi,

As I type at my desk at home on Friday, it is very chilly.  4C my phone says it is out there.  Glad I have the heater on under my desk.

Yesterday was the England v Denmark semi final in Euro2020 and yes, it is 2021.  But covid stopped it last year.  So here we are.  And England got through to their first big final since I was born.  Yes.  That is a long time.


Work iced latte and watching a bit of the football

It was fairly busy at work - and it was also the last day at work for my buddy, Chris.  So we actually ended up at the pub relatively early (before 5pm!) and I didn't get home until 9.30pm.  That is a lot of pub time for me.

But yes.  Chris has moved on.  We all enjoy his company and his personality at work, so it was a sad day.  Callan even came direct from the airport to make sure he got a beer in with him.  How is that for commitment to your colleagues?  Go Callan!

We also went out to eat with Chris' family afterwards.  Turns out Emma was born the exact day after me.  Feb 18.  Here in Wellington.  That was a fun fact to find out.

Mike and I ubered home and settled into bed.  The cats must have been freezing as they both snuggled on the bed, very close to each other.


Cold enough that the cats are close to each other

Up Friday to work from home for me.  Nice clear day here.  Weekend has Mike off to Survivor Night.  In his car again.  :-o

I have boot camp and then not much else planned.  But tonight I am meeting Celia in Upper Hutt to play indoor cricket.  Oohhh - yep - no idea what that really means.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,

Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment