Monday, July 12, 2021

The weekend with Mike surviving Battle Hill

 Hi,

Friday night saw me going to indoor cricket with Celia.  We got to the venue and the team looked at me expectantly and asked:  Have you played before?  

The disappointment on their faces was obvious when I said I had never played and only learned the rules as Celia drove me here.  

But - indoor cricket - where have you been all my life?  Loved it.  Okay - I cannot bowl.  Like - seriously cannot.  One of my balls whizzed past the head of one of my fielders.  And she wasn't even close to the line of the wicket.  She turned to look at me.  I apologised - a  lot.  To everyone.  Constantly.  But I guess the random nature of my bowling meant the batters had no clue - and I think I got 3 wickets.  I know I got two for sure.  

The whole match went by in a blur.  I batted with Celia.  We were chasing a big score.  I didn't do a lot to make a dent in the chase.  Our partnership scored 3 runs.  Each time you are out you lose 5 runs.  Guess we were in the black by the end.  Home late - 10pm.  Oohhh.  Slept well.

Mike and I went to boot camp on Saturday morning.  Mike's legs hadn't quite recovered from his 1 hour PT session on Thursday morning.  Boot camp tried to loosen him up.  Hahah.  Good fun.

From there we bought a few groceries at the Willis St New World before heading home.  Mike got packed and headed off in the van for his Survivor Weekend at Battle Hill.

Birthday party pic from the previous weekend

I stayed home in the warmth.  It was certainly freezing outside.  But not too bad, really.  Pretty sure Mike was going to survive.

Up Sunday morning to the smell of break wafting through the house.  Mmmm.  Nice brekkie - fresh bread.

Mike got home mid morning with a lot of wet things as it had rained overnight where he was.  We cleaned up and dried things out.  

Made vegetable pie for tea at Sally and Andrew's and then jumped out to get some kitty litter and kibble.  The checkout woman chatted to me as I bought the stuff.

Her:  "So, you have a cat?"
Me:  "We have 2 cats"
Her:  "What sort of cats?"
Me:  "A black cat and a calico cat"
Her:   ...
Me:  "They are very cute"

As I wandered away, I figured I should have known enough to say what type of cats we had.  Like...  Persian.  Or Siamese.  Or domestic shorthair.

I don't think she was expecting me to say the colour of the cats.  Anyhow - the cats have their essential supplies.

Home to dump the cat provisions and collect the uncooked pie and head to Lighthouse Petone to meet Sally and Andrew to see Black Widow.  Woot!


Mike is thrilled to be at the latest Marvel movie

It was good

Excellent movie.  One of the best of the series.  Nothing so far can match the first Guardians of the Galaxy.  But this came close.  Superb.

Back to Sally and Andrew's place to cook the pie and recap some of the pivotal Marvel movies that was part of the back story of Black Widow for Mike (and Sally and Andrew).



Google throwing up pics.  This is Toby's first day at Wellington High School

Had dinner and enjoyed all the news - especially Marion and Malcolm.  They went unconditional on a house in Blenheim and they move there very soon.  Malcolm has work starting Aug 2 there.

Back home and Mike was asleep in seconds of getting home.  I turned around and he was gone.  Went downstairs and he was in bed - with most of his clothes still on.  By the time I got to bed he was well asleep.

Up for PT session in 3C morning.  Brrr.  Deadlifts.  50kg.  Trying to avoid the football as it is too nerve-wracking.  1-all now with 15 mins to go.  Gah!  After England were up 1 nil for ages.

At least I was happy with Ash Barty winning Wimbledon.  Oosshh!

Have an awesome week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment