Monday, July 26, 2021

The weekend that was so busy with dirt duathlon and kick-boxing fight watching

 Hi,

Okay - so this weekend was absolutely jam packed with activity.  Friday night saw me and Mike head to Master Kong with Callan and his mates.  Angie joined us as they left.  Celia, Nicky and Joycie also appeared there as they had dinner plans ahead of karaoke night!  Then off to karaoke with Khemry, Joycie, Yosan, Sreejith, Celia, Mike, Angie and me.


Khemry and me in a blur!

Awww - they are dressed the same

KZone!

Hey there Celia!
 
We sang for about 1.5 hours.  Mike nailed it!  Hahah.  It was such fun.  At the end, my bus was coming so I took off for it and left Mike and Yosan and Sreejith wandering around Courtney place.  Celia was sensible enough to head home.



Moonrise

Up for boot camp Saturday morning.  Then back home to get my gear ready for dirt duathlon.  Mike headed to Epuni to meet Sally and Andrew and finish the car port.  Done!  Legends!  It is ready for roofing iron now.

So ready

I headed to Porirua for Theresa's kick boxing fight.  AJ, Callan and Stacey were there to support her too.  We watched many fights.  It is brutal.  Theresa was on around 6.30pm and fighting some bouncy 20 something year old.  I think it was close (not that I really know much about scoring in this) but it ended up with a unanimous decision for the blue corner and not the red visiting corner.  Next time Theresa is going to own it!

She managed to avoid getting truly broken.  Big lump on her shin and her foot didn't really want to work correctly.  OMG!



We're ready



There she is!

Headed home and slept for an hour before I got up to watch the Football Ferns take on USA in the Olympics.  That was awesome.  For a team that has not played together for 18 months and has some non professional players, they really out up a great fight.  6-1 does not reflect that.  NZ had two own goals and the USA got 3 in the last 10 mins.

Start of the day

Up early for brekkie and getting ready for Dirt Duathlon.  Theresa arrived at 8am and we threw her gear in the van and we were off.

Oakleigh St park in Belmont regional park for the race day.  Gorgeous weather.  Ground still soggy after huge amounts of rain.  But not too bad.

Bike is ready

First loop was A and a run loop on relatively flat terrain.  Except for the grunt back up to the car park.  I managed to run for 75% of this loop.  6 km.  An hour or just over.  

Belmont trig

But after that an 8 min transition to the bike loop saw me under the hammer as soon as we started up the track to the trig.  It was so high and so steep.  I pushed my bike probably 75% of this loop I reckon.  And I depleted any energy reserves I might have had.  I was exhausted.

The team were full of beans.  How does Theresa manage this level of sustained effort after her fight the night before?  Machine.  Chris is like a pedal monster.  And Callan is lovely and waited for me.  The other competitors looked out for me too.  One woman even walked back to see if I was okay as I sucked down water and dried apricots at one point.

Okay - this is a great view

The view from the top was superb.  A light wind which was a little cool.  But given how hard it was to slog up - I enjoyed it.
Finished!

The downhill from here would have been okay if it was a tad less greasy.  Or 80 other riders hadn't been down there already.

Let's go!

Belmont trig

Stupid amount of heart rate activity for hours and hours!

Where we went

Yeah - we went up there!  With bikes!

When we eventually got back, I was so worried I had made us DNF because it was already 3pm and loop C was beckoning.  But no.  The organisers had called it at 1pm a two-loop race.  So we finished!  Phew!

The idea of having to do loop C after that slog was so hard.  Instead, we packed up and headed home.

Theresa drove home to her pasta dinner - she has a week off the intense regime before she is back into it.

I got home and got into the bath.  Watched the Olympics surfing and saw Ella Williams (kiwi surfer) make it through to the next round!

Fell into bed and watched the women's 137km road cycling race.  OMG.  Grueling. The peloton got it all wrong and let a wee breakaway pack of 3 women get a 10 min lead and they kept it.  Then the Austrian woman broke away from them and I don't think the peloton actually knew she was there.  They hauled in the two other breakaway women and I think the Dutch team thought that was it.  But no.  Austria took it out!

Huge!

Meanwhile I had no energy at all.  Mike gave me dinner and pretty much after the cycling race finished on TV I was asleep.

I could not get ready for work or wash my clothes.

Sapped.

But this morning I got up.  Sorted my life out.  Did deadlifts with Quentin.  And at work only feeling slightly tired in the body.

A month to the next one.

Hope your week ahead is good fun.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment