Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Wednesday with Toby leaving

 Hi,

As I sit here on Thursday morning, contemplating what my Wednesday was like, I am trying to keep an eye on the England v Denmark semi final in Euro2020 (although it is 2021).  Covid.

1-1 at halftime.  Come on England!

Busy day at work.  Did catch up with Maureen for a long overdue iced latte.  We've both been busy (well - that is what she tells me!).  But I told her all about the dirt duathlon - finally.

Iced latte with Maureen

I also got out with Barb and Juliet for a good download session.  We went to Collective Cafe, inside the popup library near work.  It was so good.  Kimchi-and-cheese scones, yum.  And good iced latte, pre-made in wee bottles with oatmilk.  It was delicious.  Go there! But, on the other hand avoid the rocket scones as they were floury and a bit yuck. One miss amongst all the goodness.

Oat milk iced latte with Barb and Juliet

Apparently I had light beams coming out my head

Now it is a light sabre

Mike took Toby to the airport at 7am. He is back in Christchurch again and ready for the next Uni semester. Missing him already. 

Bye Toby :'(

Mike worked from home afterwards. It wasn't part of the plan but he was stuck in traffic coming back, and took a whole hour to cover the 1km of The Terrace. By the time he got to the CBD car park it was full. So he drove home and stayed there.

But, Mike did come in for after work drinks with some former work colleagues of his.  He drove in, he jumped out of the car, I jumped in and drove home! What a well oiled plan that was.

Ate leftovers (when will they end???) and soon Mike was home again - with some much needed groceries in hand.  Woot!

Watched some TV (the On Demand TV is an easy way for me to watch some television).  And bed.  And Zzzzzz.

Up for gym.  Deadlifts with Quentin.  And off to work.  And watching the score in the football.

Busy day today.  But I do have hot yoga pencilled in for lunch time with Juliet and Theresa.  Yes.

Have a good one.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment