Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Friday with work (and Ohau to Otematata over a hill for Angela)

No gym today! Because it's Friday breakfast with friends. Always. Scrambled eggs, hash brown and kranskies at a local pub. Yum.

Work was okay, I got through it fine and suddenly Angie was asking me if it was time for an after work drink yet. 

I didn't stay long and got myself home.

Angela had 8 hours of riding with punctures (for Maureen), a 900m summit, ropy planks over streams to navigate and iced lattes to drink. In spite of the hilly terrain she still had one bar left on her battery. That bike is a machine!

She and Iona trotted over the road to a park to look for the Aurora - Angela dressed in her parka and sleep shorts. The sun is active and we've seen lots of amazing photos from down there, but alas all they saw last night were clouds.


Oof, another 80km of riding

It always starts with an iced latte



Summit

Iona gets her heel down

Manhandling bikes over the plank
Then they met the 'TRACK CLOSED DETOUR THIS WAY' sign... on the way out

Meanwhile Moxley is taking advantage of me and my water


No comments:

Post a Comment