Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Wednesday with Sally's birthday (and Angela driving about)

A much more action packed day on Wednesday for me.

It started with gym - some fairly light squats with a bar, followed by horrendous deep squats on a torture machine. My legs were noodley by the time the 30 minutes were up. A day later they still ache a bit. 

That's what I pay QBPT for.

A busy day meant work flew by and soon it was time for my evening activities. 

First up was a Leadership Meetup session which was amazing as always. It was on 'Building your networking bridge' which I'd kinda looked sideways at - but the speaker, Tom Broxham, was really good and spelled out why you should actually care, gave good practical advice, and got me inspired for getting back on the 'talking to people' circuit. It's especially timely since I've taken on organising the Wellington Architecture Meetup and I need to do this stuff to build it up.

After this meetup it was off to Atlas for a delightful dinner for Sally's birthday. 

Here we are

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you

The highlight for me

We had a choice of three or four courses and all were really good. And not overly large so I didn't feel overfull at the end of it, which four courses always risks. The highlight for me was the Wapiti, cooked rare and with a jus, beetroot sauce stuff and a rosti with plum. Mmmmmmm!

Meanwhile Angela had a really busy day, with pickups and driving and car staging and finding accommodation and all sorts.


Whew!

The van is staged at a random side street in Oamaru.
They'll see it again in four days' time.
Beautiful views

Lake Tekapo like a Graeme Sydney painting


I was home late, and ran around doing chores and cleaning the house ready for the cleaners to come tomorrow. I finished my day in the best way. Smudge led me into the upstairs bedroom for pats. Moxley followed as she does. I ended up patting both of them while they purred away for ages. One with each hand, lying between them to keep them separated (and Smudge relaxed that Moxley wasn't going to jump on her). So nice.

While I was putting the towels away earlier,
Moxley explored the linen cupboard


No comments:

Post a Comment