Friday, March 24, 2023

The Thursday with Gym and Running and organising a meetup (and 93km of riding by Angela)

My day started, again, at the gym. I've been every day this week! This time for a full 60 minutes. There was bench press - light weight but lots of reps. Then there was more bench press but with close grip. Then Incline Bench. Then some machines. Then some dumbbells. I'm sure there was more but it all merged into a fog of pain and fatigue after that.

I left with noodly arms to go with my noodly legs.

Another busyish day interrupted with Callan convincing me I needed to go for a lunchtime run. A slow jog he promised. But then we talked ourselves into interval training on the way back. Sprint to a lamppost, run slow for two lampposts, sprint to the next lamppost... I was hobbling about after that. But good hobbling!

I spent some of the day putting my newly learned networking skills into action - to prepare for my first Wellington Architecture Forum meetup after work. It went well I thought. We got three keen people with quite different experiences turning up who were all interesting to talk to and share their experiences. It's a start! I'm starting work on next month's meetup now, and I'll work on getting the word out.

Good conversation. (Do you like our TVs?)

But what is Angela up to?? Day 1, and she rode 93km today!! But no wind really.  They were lucky. 

She finished by 4pm and her bike battery only dropped one bar - and she was "hooning at the end" she says. 

That's impressive stuff. And more than enough electrons to get over the hill that faces her tomorrow morning.

 

Oof. Angela said 93km but Strava says 96km.
Six hours in the saddle is a long ride no matter what.

Iced latte with Maureen

That's a tired but determined face


It's a lake!

Iona agrees that it's a lake

It's a lake, and a bike

As I woke up this morning, I had an uneasy feeling I was being watched. I turned on the light and



No comments:

Post a Comment