Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Monday with my mother going home from hospital

 Hi,

I heard late last night that my mother has been able to go home after her surgery. So happy to hear that. I guess now it is all the road to recovery and being better than she was before. Shona goes there soon - and I cannot wait for her to get there and have her look out for Mum. And Dad. It was hard for them last time.

Meanwhile, in less good news - I ran out of Lewis Road iced coffees. Terrible. But luckily I had the means to make my own courtesy of my present from Mike from Christmas. Hahahah.

Last of my Lewis Road iced coffees

Making my own

That is a lot of iced latte

Worked from home and it absolutely hosed down for the bulk of the day. Mike wanted to run so I headed into town to collect him from work and we got on a treadmill at the gym at Thorndon. I could check out the renovations while I was running.

They have taken out ther spin room downstairs already. I think there is a little one somewhere upstairs. But still a lot of work to do.

Meanwhile - my first run for over a month was hard. No sign of any issue with my foot. Woot! But it took me 30 mins to run 3km. So it was quite a relaxed run.

Mike ran on his ankle for the first time and it held up well. I reckon the treadmill is a good place to start - nice and steady and even.

Home for tea and then bed. 

Up to a lovely day. Rode in. Checked out the opening ceremony for the Ride your Bike to Work day outside my work. Went to the gym. Did 60kg deads 3 x 5. Then accessories.

Now at work.

Have a superb day wherever you are.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment