Friday, March 17, 2023

The Thursday with two rats and no hot water timer

 Mike guest posting here because of the action packed day we had.

I had an hour at the gym this morning. Bench press and then my first squats for weeks. Light weight lots of reps and my sprained ankle didn't complain (much). I might be cured!

Then Quentin set me up with a complex set of weights and bands to stretch out my ankle. It seemed to help.

Now push down!

Meanwhile Angela was sneaking in a cheeky Machete iced latte

The saga of the hot water timer continues. The mounting box I'm trying to fit the timer into is too small and I've tried and failed to buy a bigger one - they don't exist. So the next plan is to cut into the wall to make the space.

I got out my chisel and drill, and soon had a neat slot in the wooden beam that was in the way. The timer fitted nicely and we were good to go.

Except no. It wasn't just the timer. There was just not enough space for the switch, the timer, and the HWC wiring. External mount boxes are much smaller than flush boxes!

I gave up again. My new plan is to stack a second mounting box on top of the first one to give myself the space I need. That was Angela's first suggestion by the way.

But in the meantime, Angela had wandered off and looked at our traps - and found occupants! Our neighbour had told us his traps were getting lots of catches and sure enough, so had ours. Two of the three traps were occupied.

Rat #18 in the back garden

Rat #19 had been there a while and it was all quite revolting in there

Not a lot of rat left

Guest posting was obviously too exciting for me because around 11am today (Friday) I got a migraine and had to go home. Oh well. I'll try to control my glee at getting to write a blog post next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment