Monday, November 24, 2014

The weekend with so much happening

Hi,

It all started on Friday after work.  I was at a client meeting across town - but fortunately on the way to the airport.  Mike left work and drove over to collect me.  We made the flight with ages to spare.  The JetStar flight up to Auckland went smoothly.  We touched down early and met Roz at the drop off place outside the terminal.

Meanwhile Toby was going home with Jake for his school dance at St Margarets.  He had such a great time.  He danced with 10 girls and ate loads of free food.  Toby now thinks dances are great entertainment.  His mate Tris danced with 44 girls.  What a machine he is!

She took us straight to the venue for Hunters and Collectors - the Power Station in some suburb called Grafton.  I'm not sure I even know exactly where to find it even now I've been there.  Roz took us an unusual route.  We were there early, so popped into the pub over with road for a drink.  Along with half the people for the concert.

We got in nice and early and found a place at the stage - right behind a couple on the rail.  Turns out they were rabid Bruce Springsteen fans.  We chatted to them for ages.  The woman was from Germany, via Canada (what a weird accent she had) and the man was from Gladstone Park in Melbourne.  I told him all about my days working at Safeway at the Gladstone Park Shopping Centre.  He was chuffed.

Blurry photo of Mark Seymour - but look how close we were!

Still blurry - but so close!  

The Hunters played an awesome set.  And I think they were buzzed to be supporting the Rolling Stones the next night.  Mike and I re-lived our twenties and had a great time.  We even negotiated the Auckland Transport bus system, found our bus stop 500m away and waited 5 minutes for the bus right to Roz's house.  We were home by 12.

I hug Roz.  Yep - she conceded to a photo, under strict guidelines
 Next morning I was in complete denial and didn't want to get out of bed.  Mike and Roz chatted away in the lounge and I tried in vain to get back to sleep.  But I was hungry so we all got ready and went to eat.  Roz conceded to a photo in the cafe as proof we saw her.

After a quick trip to the Icebreaker outlet store Roz dropped us at the airport and we relaxed before getting on-board.  The flight into Wellington was so bumpy.  It was like a roller coaster.  The kids opposite us loved it.

As you can see from my hair below, it was really windy on the ground in Wellington.
Windy landing back in Wellington.  Hope the pilot had better visibility than me when I landed there.

We went to lunch at Sharron's house and had vegetarian chilli.  It was so good.  Made with black beans, grains and three chillies.  Toby asked Aidan for a sleepover ta her place so he stayed there and we went home to shovel the pile of gravel.

Shoveling gravel.  Also notice the pile of mulch behind the pile of gravel.
Mike and I made a dint in the pile before heading to see Interstellar with Ange and her friend.  That was a good movie - long though.  Three hours.  Back home and into a coma.

Sunday morning I got up for my bike ride.  I had another puncture - not sure what is wrong with my front tyre.  I need to buy a new tyre today - and three new tubes.  But Mike fixed my tyre and it stayed up for my bike ride.

Back home and changed for lunch at the Bichan family lunch.  Just me though as Mike was shoveling and Toby had Will over to play.  Seafood chowder - yum!  Caught up with people and then home to head to see Aidan for a cup of tea before grocery shopping.  Back home to cook tea.  And the bed routine (involving lots of ironing).

Phew.  I need another weekend.  Actually, no rest for the wicked because next weekend is the race around Taupo.  Ooossshhh!  Huge.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment