Friday, November 21, 2014

The Thursday with mulch moving

Hi,

The days are blurring nicely in the lead up to my Taupo race next weekend.  I can't keep track.  I did catch up with Aidan for lunch yesterday.  I'd told her about a new cafe/bar not far from my work and I suggested she might quite like to try it.  Possibly it had food she'd like.  She asked me if it was American, but I had no idea and said it had some American stuff on the walls.  Anyhow, she came to it for lunch and chuckled all the way through as it was completely American.  Seeing it through her eyes, I realise why she thought I was crazy that I hadn't noticed.  Carolina pulled pork.  Louisiana something else.  Oregon beer.  Hot dogs.  Burgers.  I ate yummy soft tacos and she had the Carolina pulled pork.  Pretty good.

After quite a nice day, the weather had changed by the time I rode home.  Windy and overcast.  But still warm.  I rode home via Nguaranga Gorge.  It was a great ride.  Home to cook some tea for Toby and wait for Mike to get home with groceries.  Then he and Toby started the mulch exercise.

Dad tips and Toby rakes

Spreading the mulch - the drop behind Toby is only about 1.5m.  Honest!

I went for my run this morning and enjoyed that.  Getting back to my peak after my cold.  Still not 100% yet.

Tonight Toby has a school dance at St Margarets College and a sleepover with Jake.  The Tabor family will collect him tomorrow morning and entertain him while Mike and I fly to Auckland for the Hunters and Collectors final concert.  We're going to re-live our twenties.  Woot!  Roz will collect us from the airport and put us up after the concert.  I am hoping for brunch with her Saturday morning before the flight.

Back Saturday lunchtime to catch up with a friend of Mike's before collecting Toby.

And I hope to do one big bike ride and then taper for the week leading to race day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment