Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Monday with dental appointments

Hi,

The day disappeared in a blur of work.  Not sure what else to say because one task merged into another and before I knew it, I was rushing off to my dental appointment with the hygienist.  Finished that and rushed back to work to collect Toby and take him back for my dentist appointment and Toby's dentist appointment.  Teeth all good for both me and Toby.  Yay.

Mike got back into town from his work (he was at a client site in Lower Hutt) and we went out for dinner to Bethel Woods.

Toby loved his burger

Mike loved the Oregon IPA

Mike told me a funny story that happened to him today.  He was crossing the road with a work colleague (male) and this young woman (who was apparently a little cold) crossed the road at the same time as them.  And something inexplicably meant that Mike and his colleague weren't watching where they were going, and they collided with each other.  Both looked sheepishly at each other.  Hahahah.

Mike told me this story just after he had taken Toby to the toilet at Bethel Woods.  He came back after switching the light on for Toby and asked me to go to the women's toilet and tell me what was in there.  I went.  It was nothing unusual.  I rattled off the things I had seen.  Black and white photo of a woman with not much on at Woodstock.  A bucket of arranged flowers.  A mirror with lips.  And then Mike told me what was in the men's toilet.  The walls were wallpapered with Playboy centrefolds from the 1970s.

At this I started to wonder why Toby was taking so long, given I had been to the toilet and back and heard the road story and the explanation of the toilets.  Then Toby came back and sat down and was quite shellshocked.  Hahahah.  He was so funny.  I did ask him why he had taken so long and he swears he wasn't "reading" the walls.

But we all declared Bethel Woods a great place.  Toby rated his top burgers thus:

1.  Burger Wisconsin
2.  Bethel Woods
3.  Some place near Grandy and Gramps' house
4.  I can't remember - but I do know my burgers were number 5 on the list.  Aha.  Oporto bugers.
5.  My homemade burgers.

Then he said at least my burgers made the top five.  Well, I guess he's right.

We went home and relaxed for the rest of the evening before bed.

This morning was a damp old ride into work.  A fine misty rain that just got in and soaked things.

But it all doesn't matter because my teeth are clean!  Dental hygiene cannot be overrated.  Love the dentist.

Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment